Website Tutorials

Frequently Asked Questions

A member of our congregation is a retired architect. Can we ask this person to act as out professional advisor so we can save money?

Unfortunately you cannot. While this person's experience may prove very helpful in the preliminary stages, there are a number of reasons why they should not get involved professionally with your project.

Architects can only provide professional advice if they hold professional indemnity insurance, which covers the cost of putting things right should their advice be flawed and cause damage. Retired architects will not carry indemnity insurance and there are still potential conflicts of interest if they provide advice on a professional basis (see the following question).

To Top